Sunday, December 9, 2007

Double Hellbent!

Two days ago, my "Izzet" deck squared off against Adam's "Discard" deck. In the beginning, I was able to get rid of of his early threats, including his Undertaker and Gobhobler Rats, using my Pyromatics and Steamcore Weird. The only problem was I wasn't able to kill off Adam's late game threats, Demon's Jester and Jaya Ballard, Task Mage. The bad got worse when Adam enchanted Demon's Jester with a Taste for Mayhem to go hellbent, giving an 8/3 flyer that hit me with eight damage (of course). Luckily, I took out his Demon's Jester on the following turn with a triple damage Pyromatics that I had returned to my hand on the previous turn with Izzet Chronarch. The damage had already been done though. Adam finished me off with Jaya Ballard, Task Mage's second ability.
"Izzet" record: 0-1
"Izzet" record vs. Adam: 0-1
"Izzet" record vs. "Discard": 0-1

No comments: