Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A-Blaze!

Today, my "Goblin Burn" deck squared off against Jared's "Azorius" deck. I started out with a very mana heavy hand, but I was lucky enough to draw some quick creatures and burn spells. Jared, on the other hand, was on a complete mana shortage (he was only able to play two Plains in his first four turns). Despite Jared's sub-par mana supply in the early game, he was still able to get out two quick Beacon Hawks. I was able to get rid of one of them with my Shock and the other one was used by Jared as a blocker. After a while, I was able to whittle Jared's life total down to 8. When I drew Blaze on the following turn, I thought I had won because I had enough mana to get Jared down to 1 with Blaze and I had one more attacker than he had blockers. Jared was able to prolong the game an extra two turns though thanks to his two Valor Made Reals. I was finally able to finish Jared off though when I drew the ninth land needed to completely get Jared's life total down to 0 with my Blaze.
"Goblin Burn" record: 1-0
"Goblin Burn" record vs. Jared: 1-0
"Goblin Burn" record vs. "Azorius": 1-0

P.S.: I made sure that Jared's "Azorius" deck had only one Plumes of Peace in it before the game started! He never ended up drawing it.

P.S.S.: Actually, Jared's "Azorius" deck had two Plumes of Peace in it at the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, during that game, my Azorius deck actually had two Plumes of Peace in it. Now, since I traded with Adam, my Azoriuz deck has three.

Ken said...

Sorry Jared, I'll fix it.