Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Controlling the Unstoppable!

Today, my "Blue" deck squared off against Jared's "Rakdos" deck. For most of the game, we each did what our two decks did best. For me, that meant countering his spells and permanently tapping his creatures. For Jared, that meant burning and killing any creature I played before it even had a chance to ask to be spared (I'm pretty sure the answer would have been no anyways though, even if they had a chance to ask the question). After a while, I was left with an Urza's Armor, a bunch of lands and no cards left in my hand. On the other hand, Jared was left with four permanently tapped creatures, a bunch of lands and no cards left in his hand. Luckily for Jared, he actually had a use for his lands since one of his four tapped creatures was a Rakdos Guildmage. On each of his turns, Jared used his Rakdos Guildmage to produce goblin tokens that would attack me for points of damage. Despite only taking one damage from each of Jared's attacking goblins thanks to my Urza's Armor, his goblins still took my life total down to 2. Jared played a Galvanic Arc to finish me off.
"Blue" record: 0-1
"Blue" record vs. Jared: 0-1
"Blue" record vs. "Rakdos": 0-1

No comments: