Saturday, February 9, 2008

Landing Defeats!

Yeterday, my "Critical Mass" deck squared off against Jared's "Spirit Flames" deck three times.

Game 1
I was able to burn most of Jared's early spirits, but most of them came back all too easily with many of Jared's later soulshifting spirits. Once they came back, I had run out of burn spells, so Jared bulit up a large swarm for the victory. Series record: 0-1

Game 2
Jared played two early Petalmane Bakus and a Soilshaper, which gave him both more than enough mana to play power up spells and enough leftover 3/3 lands that could attack me. I was killed by a 10/10 land with trample, thanks to Jared's Strength of Cedars, Soilshaper and O'Naginata. Series record: 0-2

Game 3
Unlike previous games, when I burned Jared's creatures, Jared found himself lacking spirits with soulshift, helping me to my only win in the series. Series record: 1-2

"Critical Mass" record: 2-4
"Critical Mass" record vs. "Spirit Flames": 1-2
"Critical Mass" record vs. Jared: 1-2

No comments: